.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Internet Marketing Blog

Saturday, March 11, 2006

Back up your website

Today when I tried to do some clean work on my website, I made a serious mistake, and it took my whole website down.
I had a subdomain, ebay.topsky.ca, since I don't use it for a while, so I wanted to deleted it. In the control panel, I clicked delete, to my surprise, it took almost one minute to finish. No much stuff under this subdomain. So next to my BIG surprise, my service domain www.topsky.ca is gone!!!
The control panel SUCKs!
But, the hosting has no backup, and the administrators don't work on weekends.
Fortunately, I have my own backup on my computers.
That's why I can save my ass back...
Even though, I still feel terrible!

What happens if I don't have backup?

Loss of business, loss of time. Sweat...

So, please BACK UP your data now, if you have never done that, and if you are depending on your luck or God to protect you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home